Christ Keystone Church Covenant
SUMMARY OF OUR COVENANT RESPONSIBILITIES TO GOD AND EACH OTHER Having, we trust, been called by God unto Christ for the salvation of our souls, and drawn together in Christian fellowship to one another, we have bowed the knee unto Jesus as both Lord and Savior, and having been baptized upon profession of faith, we enter now into a most solemn and joyful covenant with one another as members of Christ Keystone Church.
1. We agree to worship only the one true and living God, who exists as One God yet Three Persons of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who has revealed Himself to us in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. We will declare His glory to the nations, trusting that His glory will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea. We will have no other gods before Him, both as a gathered church and in our daily lives.
2. We agree to keep the whole counsel of God’s Word central to the life and activity of our families, church, and lives.
3. We agree to welcome others into our fellowship and yet focus ourselves upon the betterment of one another, lifting one another in prayer and doing all we can to promote unity, fellowship, companionship, and friendship, content with where God has called us.
4. We agree, in the strength of the Lord Jesus, to do all we can by His grace to build and establish biblical communities and a Christian culture.
5. We agree to devote ourselves to the worship of God together with our families in only the ways that God has prescribed within His Word.
6. We agree to live in accordance with historic Christian orthodoxy.
7. We agree to uphold the historic creeds of biblical Christianity, with an emphasis on the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith, as well as the doctrines of grace, the sovereignty of God, the perfection of Scripture as God's Word, and the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
8. We agree to serve the church under a plurality of biblically qualified elders, being content with the positions to which God calls each individual, praying especially for our leaders and their families, and to honor and obey, within the bounds of Scripture, all our superiors, whether in family, church, state, or business; and, if we be superiors, to deal reasonably and lovingly with our subordinates and thus to teach them by word and example to fear God and keep His commandments.
9. We agree to live by every Word that proceeds forth from the mouth of God, being forever unwilling to compromise with the demands of the world but instead seeking to bring all things under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
10. We agree to gather regularly, as the Lord permits, for Lord’s Day worship, where the Scriptures will be read, prayed, sung, and preached.